Monday 17 October 2011

Using Colour


To develop the idea of using each colleges' branding I took all the logos into Illustrator and colour picked the most defining colours from each logo. These were the 5 colours I was left with.

I noticed that the Britains Got Talent branding features prominant use of the Union Jack. Its featured in the opening and all over the set. I thought I could use the colours of each college with the Union Jack to create a flag that represents each collage in the background.
When experimenting with this idea In Illustrator I remembered that the logo for 'Blighty' the digital channel features a Union Jack made up of different colours. I used this image as inspiration and to see how they combined different, contrasting colours together into something that looks visually appealing.

This was the result. A Union Jack flag composed of the purple from North West Kent, the yellow from K College, the green from Hadlow College and the two different shades of blue from Canterbury College and Thanet College. I chose to feature the darker purple in front and have the lighter colours behind as this combination was less harsh on the eye I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment